Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Layers Project



This is always a favorite project with my students because there are always surprises and many creative possibilities.

In Photoshop, the student copies the layer and then applies a different filter to each layer. Then he uses the blending modes to find the best blend. He adds a new empty layer for some Photoshop brushes (I suggest a new layer for each brush). I require that the students do the project twice (with two different images, of course) so that they really explore the possibilities. Also, when learning Photoshop, I've found that doing a project twice makes the process stick in your long-term memory better and, of course, pushes the level of quality up, since during the second attempt they are more fluent and fluid.

If you are on my email list, I will be sending you the handout for this.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great idea for beginning Photoshop students!

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Could you possibly send me the handout for the "Layers Project"?
Thanks

Anonymous said...

Anne,
Could you possibly send me the handout for the "Layers Project"?
Thanks